Saturday, January 17, 2009

Using RSS, Goodreads and Delicious

I had such a great time in class this week! I never knew that there were so many wonderful resources for teachers. I believe that I would use these tools everyday. I really like the RSS because it is a fast and easy way to get updated on the latest news and events. RSS provides a great way for me to check all of the headlines while only having to check one site. I would use RSS everyday to update myself on current educational events. I also really love Delicious and Goodreads. Goodreads is great because I can look at what other books my friends are using in their classrooms. I would use Goodreads to update my own book list with books friends and colleagues use for their classes. All of these resources will help me to become a better teacher and to become more efficient online and in the classroom.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Goodreads and RSS. I think it is so important to say current on educational events and RSS is a great way to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, first off I love your picture, very cute. Second off, I'm glad you're in my group because you seem to have a better handle on all of this tech stuff than I do. I agree though, that the RSS tools will be a really helpful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these websites will be really useful too! And I agree with Katie, I am so glad that you actually know what you're doing! You were so helpful in class. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right- these resources are great! :) I had no idea that most of them even existed, but I'm glad we are learning them now so that we can use them when we teach. Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete